Wednesday 7 January 2009


Well today for the first time, I sat on a board which decided the fate of lots of junior barristers. But it's all a bit dull (and probably horribly confidential) so instead, I'll tell you about falling in love with a TV advert for the first time. Remember when you were a teenager and you saw a music video of your favourite band for the first time, you saw that lead singer you had a crush on in the tightest trousers imaginable and you were glued to the screen in wondrous delight? Well, exactly the same happened to me today in respect of a TV ad. Now I know it sounds unlikely. Intelligent, professional woman, brought up in a rather left-wing household - and therefore brought up to eschew the value of captalism - seduced by a TV ad? But oh yes. Tonight, the new Virgin Atlantic: 25 years ad came on and I sat transfixed by it. It's wondrous. It made me want to be an air stewardess (and those who love me best know that I'd rather eat my right arm than fly on a daily basis). The glamour! The 80s icons! Do they do a DVD of it? I think I'm going to set my V+ box right now to tape through the night and hopefully I can see it once more...

No comments: